Friday, June 01, 2007

Altered watering can...

If you've been to visit our new blog It's A Creative World then you'll have seen my altered watering can. I bought it in IKEA a couple of weeks ago not really being very sure what I would do with it. I made some sweet little hanging hearts with felt and fabric so the colours were determined by these and I raided my ribbon drawers and jars for colours that would go with the hearts. Then of course I couldn't find any papers that I liked enough to use so started looking in my old stuff and found some ancient K&Co paper that I must have had for at least 4 years. I used my favourite tool at the moment, EK Success retro flower punch to make the flowers, added a bit of doodling around the edge and some prima flowers and buttons for the middles. The flowers are attached using foam pads to give them some dimension and voila ... an altered watering can. I'll be using this as a gift container for a gardener with perhaps some packets of seeds for her garden, gloves, a trowel etc.

2 comments:

The Crafts House said...

Love the watering can..especially the colours

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

This is an adorable idea! LOVE it!