Thursday, June 28, 2007

Going around in circles...

I went back to work today and spent most of it catching up on what I'd missed after spending two days off sick. There was lots to catch up on and I seemed to spend the whole day going around in circles! - and there is a seamless link if ever I heard one to a card challenge from the Caardvarks blog all about circles. This card is for my friend Clare whose birthday it is the day we break up for the summer holidays from school. I've used paper with small circles on it cut into a circle shape, a yellow bloom in the shape of a circle, a chipboard letter in the shape of a circle, circle buttons to make the flower stem and the 'birthday girl' sentiment along the right hand side is made with circle letter stickers.

(papers from Anne Langpap at 2peas, buttons from the button company, bloom from dunelm, alphabet stickers by Sue Dreamer (I think) and chipboard from Heidii Swapp)

Last night my lovely friend telephoned to ask if I could please make her a card - for in the morning! for her Mam's birthday off Ela. Luckily I had this one which I'd started and it was quick to adapt for her.

Final photograph today is the card I made for todays post over on It's A Creative World Blog, the papers are from Kirsty Wiseman's blog, I love her bright and funky colours.

8 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

Beautiful cards Andrea, love the one especially for circle card challenge, so bright and colourful!!

Marlou x

The Crafts House said...

I love the colours on your cards..do you get all your papers over the internet or is there anywhere local..I'm going to be teaching a workshop on paper quilting and would like to find something differant
sandra

Classroomfree said...

Wow, I love your cards! You have a great style, and the colours you choose are just gorgeous.

I stumbled across your blog whilst looking for fellow cardmakers. I have added you to my favourites so I can visit again and see more of your creations.

Jules x
www.perkypigs.com

The Crafts House said...

thanks for info Andrea, really appreciate it
sandra

Heather P. said...

WOW, your cards are amazing!!

mum-on-the-run said...

Bee-you-tiful cards Andrea

Rika said...

Beautiful cards!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Beautiful cards!