Saturday, December 15, 2007

And all the world was white...

My little corner of the world has been covered in thick white and sparkly frost for the last three days. At any other time of the year I would be staying snuggled warm and cosy at home but with it being so close to Christmas we've been out scraping the ice off my car and delivering parcels, buying even more decorations and making repeat visits to the post office laden down with cards and parcels.
I've now finished making all the Christmas cards that I need to. I have one birthday card order to fulfill before I break up from school on Friday but the rest is finally done. Perhaps I can reclaim my desk from the bombsite it has become and start having fun with my crafting again!
Some cards and bits and pieces that I have been making these past few weeks to share:



(Funky Junky Christmas kit, Winter Flora Doodles by Kate Hadfield at ScrapArtist and a few diamonds for extra bling)
(Snowy Morning collab kit by Anne DeJong, Corrina Nielsen and Kate Hadfield at Funky Playground Designs, sparkly jewels from Paperchase, glittery snowflake cut with Cricut and Waterfalls font)
After being inspired by my friends Gail and Jean I've made a few hanging chipboard trees. The first uses the Funky Junky Christmas kit that I mentioned previously and some other bits and pieces and I made it sparkly (you can't see it on the photo though) with Glimmer Mist that I bought from Jean's shop. If you get any pennies for Christmas and you are looking to buy yourself a stash treat I would recommend the Glimmer Mists!

My blue tree is made with Basic Grey JackFrost papers from a couple of years ago, lots of snowflakes cut with my cricut and then spraymounted and glittered, ric rac, pom pom braid and sparkly gems



The green tree was a very special tree made for a friend who was very ill to hang in her room in the hospice where she was being looked after. Sadly Jan died last week so never got to celebrate Christmas this year, hopefully the little tree arrived in time to hang in her room.



3 comments:

Lyzzydee said...

Andrea, I love your work, it must takes ages to do!!!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! They are all so nice but the poinsettia wreath is my favorite!

Suzanne said...

Wow Andrea! You have been busy!

Love all the cards on here but these trees are especially gorgeous!