Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Post ...

My lovely postman brought me lots of lovely post this morning but the best was a parcel from PaperCrafts Magazine. I have 3 cards published in their latest magazine and they kindly sent me a few copies of the magazine as well as returning my cards. I have been so excited as this is the first time that I have had anything published from across the pond. The magazine itself is great, I subscribe to the regular PaperCrafts and always like to buy the specials too, especially the Christmas special.

So that is the first of my exciting news snippets, the second is that I have been invited to join the BellaScraps Magazine Creative Team which was a lovely surprise and the third is that I am finally going back to work on Monday. Although this is exciting I am also more than slightly scared, I've been on sick leave for so long (10 months) but I know in my head that everything will go just great - it's those enormous butterflies in my tummy that don't understand!!
I've spent this week trying to settle back into being at home. I had some design team projects to
work on. It was a public holiday here on Monday and it rained so I spent the whole of the afternoon and evening sitting at my kitchen table surrounded by a sea of paper, flowers, buttons and chipboard. Watching the movie channel and playing, I had a lovely time.
This card was for the LilyPad blog challenge on Monday, to use some of the weather symbols and weather related kits. I couldn't resist this cute snowman - even if it is August!!

I used the snowman from Jacque Larsen's Whatever The Weather kit


Talking of the LilyPad - check this out. This is a sale you don't want to miss out on


The final project to share is a luggage tag using my very talented friend Kay Miller's latest digital kit. She's now selling over at Sweet Shoppe Designs which is so exciting for her

I used her All Aboard kit to make this cute luggage tag

I have some more projects to share but I'll leave them for another day - need to go get some beauty sleep!

Andrea xx

2 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

Congrats on the pub! I will have to go back and find your cards. I paged through, quickly, but I really need to look at everything.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Andrea! Cant wait to see this issue!!!!

xoxoxo