Friday, June 04, 2010

DCM Challenge ...

The challenge this week over at the DCM challenge blog is to create a card using pearls (June Birthstone) and it certainly was a challenge for me as I'm not really a pearl person - I'm more of a glitter and bling girl :)  Anyway, I was looking through my embellishment draw for anything vaguely pearl-like when I spotted these adhesive Kaisercraft pearls that I'd bought from Jean, then I found some paper doilies and decided to make a flower.  That was really easy - I just scrunched up the doilie a bit and punched a few layers of cream tissue paper with my small scalloped cirlce punch. I joined them together with a pearl brad and scrunched the layers up before covering in several layers of golden Shimmerz Spray

Those pearls - I stuck them all on individually which I found strangely theraputic and I had to add a teeny tiny bit of bling in the form of two strips of sequins down each side of the paper panel. The papers are from a digital kit at Sweet Shoppe Designs and the stamp is from Papertrey Ink

8 comments:

Effie said...

Still blingy and sparkly.... and pearly, lovely card!

Kathy said...

I LOVE your fabulous doily flower - what a brilliant idea.
Great card all round actually!

Saskia said...

Lovely card!

Saskia :)

Rika said...

Pretty card!

Lythan said...

this is so pretty Andrea - and I'm impressed with your patience!

Janice said...

Love the doily flower, so pretty.

Anonymous said...

That is a fabulous flower. :) Gorgeous card.

Vanessa.

Lynda said...

It really is a bright and very beautiful card.

Love Lynda xxx