Sunday, September 19, 2010

WaltzingMouse Sketch Challenge

This is my second post of the day, scroll down for my earlier post about a new challenge at The Ribbon Girl blog.

The sketch at Waltzingmouse this week is lovely and simple and inspired me to use this fab digital kit from Nitwit Collections. I printed out several small pieces of paper, cut into squares, inked and then glittered all the edges before adhering them to a black cardblank to make the colours really pop.

The ribbon is new from the Ribbon Girl, gorgeous saddlestitch ribbon which is exactly the same as some that I have been buying from a US rubber stamp company - I am such a happy bunny about that!

14 comments:

Sherry Eckblad said...

cute card and fabulous ribbon.

bonnie said...

Love it Andrea....especially on the black card....cool ribbon too...just been over to look in the The Ribbon Girl shop....oh my such delights...you've added loads now saving up some pennies! Hugs, Bonnie x

Saskia said...

GREAT card!

Saskia :)

Linda said...

This is so cute. I am going to have to get to know this Ribbon Girl.

Brodders said...

Love it Andrea x

Chris said...

Love how the colours really pop against the black card. Great take on the sketch.

Julia Aston said...

What a fun Halloween card! love the off set color panels and spooky bat! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week Andrea!

Crickitt said...

Love the squares!

Mona Pendleton said...

What a cute Halloween card! Love the fun - bright colors! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

~*Joni said...

Ohhhh what a great design! I love it against a black background, it really makes the colors pop. Love the ribbon - it's perfect for your beautiful card!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is wonderful! Awesome halloween card..love those squares and the ribbon is so fun!

Lavender Rose said...

I love everything about this card, truly stunning!

Alice said...

this is so fun! wonderful take on the sketch. thanks for joining us at WMSC this week!

Sarah Martina said...

Sweet, sweet idea!!! I love this! :) So glad you played along with us for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge! :)